Have you ever lost someone you truly love to cancer and thought "when will we have a cure?" We have. And we are trying to do something about it. We are Adobe Clinical Research, LLC, a Tucson-based small business. We have brought together doctors and other health care professionals in a 3-person company to help find advanced medical breakthroughs for gastrointestinal disorders, such as esophageal cancer, liver disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, and others.
As physicians with 25 years of experience in treating gastrointestinal disorders, we formed Adobe Clinical Research ten years ago to advance an area of research that is neglected, yet affects 60 to 70 million Americans and kills someone every 2 minutes. Finding effective treatments would improve the lives of millions.
Adobe Clinical Research works with partners, including AstraZeneca, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Merck Pharmaceuticals and others. Our focus is in clinical development, the study of potential new therapies in human patients. It typically takes 12 years for a potential new medication to move from lab discovery to drugstore. Our work is the most time-intensive part of the entire process, and we are responsible for helping determine that a new drug treatment or medical device is safe and effective.
Here are some examples of the benefits Adobe has brought to tens of millions of patients around the globe through our clinical research programs:
- Adobe Clinical Research was a partner in studies on over 20 medications, including Nexium, Asacol, Lialda, Linzess, Prilosec, and Aspiro. Our work helped make these valuable therapies available to you, your friends, andyour family.
- A new case of esophageal cancer is diagnosed every 30 minutes; less than 15% of people who get esophageal cancer survive for five years. Most of these cases are due to chronic heartburn which results in Barrett's esophagus, which leads to esophageal cancer. Adobe Clinical Research brought radio-frequency ablation to Tucson to treat Barrett's esophagus and help prevent esophageal cancer.
- Chronic fatty liver disease is the most common liver disease in the US. It can lead to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, which can result in cirrhosis and liver cancer. Adobe Clinical Research is actively involved in two different research programs aimed at treating chronic fatty liver disease.
We take pride in our work and feel fortunate to be a part of this area of medicine. We plan to continue our role in finding better treatments for gastrointestinal and liver disorders.
We are currently conducting research within the following therapeutic areas.
- Chronic Constipation
- Fatty Liver Disease (Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis)
- Crohns Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- GERD- Acid Reflux Disease
Please contact us at 520-318-1236 regarding our current or future clinical research trials.
It is only through patient participation in clinical research that we are able to bring new and promising medications and products to the world. Our patient's well-being is our first priority. We appreciate the opportunity to offer the community the possibility of receiving a treatment that may improve a current medical condition as well as their quality of life.